Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Ideas Aren't Everything

Many entrepreneurs or soon to be entrepreneurs love idea-creation.  That's is just something that makes us entrepreneurs.  But be careful, many entrepreneurs make the mistake of getting caught up in an idea.  This leads to the question, "How can I protect my idea?"

When you look at the grand scheme of things, ideas have little to no value.  When you get caught up in protecting your precious idea, you miss the opportunity to get feedback on you idea and you plan.

There is no such thing as a billion dollar idea.  Chances are your idea has been thought up by someone else.  Ideas are everywhere; the differentiating factor is you.  The idea itself isn't special; the person who executes the idea, and the way it is executed, can't be replicated.

Furthermore, when we think up an idea that we absolutely adore, we often cling to that idea as if it is irreplaceable.  I can assure you it's not.  Ideas come and go all the time; over the last year my mind has been swimming with idea after idea, many of which I don't even remember.  

Remember this: Every idea has potential, but that is exactly what it is, just potential. The idea becomes valuable once you turn that potential energy into forward motion.   

I created this blog to bring together entrepreneurs to share ideas because we shouldn't be worried about hiding them.  I want all of my readers to benefit from the ideas and information shared.  

Click HERE to hear another persons take on the value of an idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment