Thursday, April 28, 2016

As the Leather Comes Together

If you recall my previous blog post about my Colorful Leather business idea, I'd like to follow up on that idea and explain some of the research I've put into it.

Over the last month I have looked deeper into the Colorful Leather possibility.  My original idea involved purchasing leather gloves from an established leather glove producer.  My plan was to buy high quality leather gloves from the company, color them, and then resell them for a higher price. Initially, I saw this as a great idea because it involves a very minimal personal investment.  

The minimal seed money needed to execute this idea was, and still is very attractive to me considering I am a student and I do not have an abundance of cash.  I initially wanted to start a small business while in school in order to bring in some extra cash; I wanted to start a business that had the potential to grow in the future. 

My original plan is still a possibility because I believe it has excellent growth potential, but purchasing and reselling a modified version of another companies product does not allow for large profit margins.

My new and improved idea involves buying leather from local leather suppliers, dyeing the leather, and then having the leather constructed into gloves or other leather finished leather products.  This idea requires a significant amount of planning and substantially more cash.  In order to put this plan into motion I would need investors; I would not be able to fund this venture with the cash I have on hand.

With the new idea being on a much larger scale, I am looking at it as a future business venture rather than something I would dive into right at this moment.

Let me know what you think of the improved idea!

Should I start now and wait for the business to grow in the future?  Should I wait until I have the time and the cash to take on a larger business venture in the future?

Comment and share!

For more information of the original idea, click HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment